Saturday, November 3, 2012

Individual Strawberry Cheesecakes with Whipped Cream Topping


Made these for my hubby's class' solo party last night. They turned out way better than I expected...I was nervous because I was sizing down the recipe from a full cheesecake to mini ones, and the whipped cream topping has vanilla pudding mix in it so I was afraid it would taste fake...I also thought maybe I put in too many low-fat ingredients. But no, they were SO good~~ Success!
And the topping is awesome because it doesn't melt :):):) I found a winner.

The recipe is Ina's Raspberry Cheescake (love Ina). Here is the recipe with all of my alterations:

Individual Strawberry Cheesecakes with Whipped Cream Topping

Crust:
  • 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (10 crackers)
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Filling:
  • 2 1/2 pounds low-fat cream cheese (3pkg), at room temperature
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 5 large eggs, at room temperature
  • 2 large egg yolks, at room temperature
  • 1/4 cup light sour cream
  • 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest (2 lemons)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract 
  • Foil cupcake liners

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F. Line cupcake tin with foil liners.
Mix the crust ingredients in a small bowl. Pour about a tablespoon of the crust mixture into each liner and press it down firmly with a small spoon or bottom of a small cup. Bake the crusts for 5 minutes. Let cool.
Beat the cream cheese and sugar together for 5 minutes until fluffy. Add the eggs two at a time. Then mix in the sour cream, lemon zest and vanilla.
Pour the filling onto the cooled crusts and bake for 22-25 minutes, turning halfway through.
Let them cool to room temperature and then refrigerate until ready to serve.
Just before serving, prepare the whipped topping (see below), pipe it onto the cheesecakes, and garnish with a strawberry half.

The whipped topping recipe I used is here.
It's just perfect, I will be using it very often in the future. My hubby doesn't like heavy frosting and this is a great substitute:

Whipped Cream Topping

1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/4 tsp unflavored gelatin
3 tsp corn starch
3 T instant vanilla pudding mix

Mix all ingredients together and beat until soft peaks form.

nom nom




No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© Korean Mutt, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena