Sunday, March 17, 2013

Blueberry Crumble Cookies

Kinda long weekend. Friday the in-laws came for a visit. We ate at a restaurant overlooking the flightline, watched Otoosan (Dad in Japanese) do a flight simulator, and I went shopping with my Okaasan (Mom). It was a good time, though short.

Saturday I was supposed to go up to the city. It was a last-minute decision and I was excited to go by myself but I accidentally locked myself out of the house (hubby was gone to the lake) >.<
I was very, VERY sad....

So I ran a few miles in the scorching heat and that quickly erased any emotions from my mind...

Today I made these cookies for the hubby's class. My inspiration was another spouse who once made these cranberry/white chocolate/macadamia nut cookies that I didn't even get to try but they sounded so delicious I solicited her for the recipe.
For mine, I used my Okaasan's delicious chocolate chip cookie recipe as the base (slightly adapted) and added dried blueberries and white chocolate. The cookies have just the right amount of oats in them so they taste to me like blueberry crumble in cookie form, soooo yummy~ hubby said they taste like Special K bars. Nom nom.



Blueberry Crumble Cookies

1/2 c butter, softened
1/4 c plain non-fat yogurt
1 c sugar
1 c brown sugar (not packed)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2-1/2 c flour
1 c quick oats
5 oz bag dried blueberries
1 to 1-1/2 c white chocolate chips

Directions:


Preheat the oven to 350F. Prepare cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
Cream together the butter, sugars and yogurt. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Slowly mix that into the wet mix. Lastly mix in the oats first, then the dried blueberries and white chocolate chips. Drop the dough by tablespoons onto the cookie sheets. They will keep their form, so if you want perfect circles you will need to shape the cookies with your hands. Bake for 8-10 minutes, turning the pan halfway through to bake evenly. Let cool.

Otoosan & Okaasan
Flight Simulator


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© Korean Mutt, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena