Monday, April 8, 2013

Mini Strawberry Cheesecake Danishes

These make me laugh because they were so easy...
I was trying to think of things to make with all of the junk food in our house. We have tons of Easter candy, leftover brownies and cupcakes from this thing I had to bake for, and tons of cheesecake. The hubs bought a ginormous cheesecake for my birthday and my Mom and I shared one slice...that was it. So the rest went into the freezer and I had a creative moment for how to get rid of some...
Danishes!

So these are what you can do if you ever have tons of leftover cheesecake.
I also had puff pastry left over from Vday so that was perfect. So I am going to send these off with the hubs tomorrow to take to work if I don't eat them all. They came out sooooo so yummy.


Mini Strawberry Cheesecake Danishes

  • 1 pkg frozen puff pastry, thawed 40 min. (17.3oz)
  • 3 slices plain or strawberry cheesecake
  • fresh strawberries, sliced
  • 1 egg + 1 Tbsp water (for egg wash)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400F. Prepare a pan with parchment paper.
After leaving your puff pastry out for 40 minutes it should be thawed but still solid. You will get prettier pastries with well-formed dough. Fold out your dough onto a lightly floured (I used powdered sugar) surface and cut out circles using a medium-sized biscuit cutter. Place half of them onto your pan. With the other half, cut another circle in the middle with a small-sized biscuit cutter (picture below). Place the circles with a hole in the middle on top of the ones on the pan. They will act as a border to keep in all of the cheesecake goodness. Brush the edges of the pastry with the egg wash. In a small bowl, mush and mix together your three cheesecake slices. Place about a teaspoon of cheesecake mixture onto your danishes and top with a strawberry slice. Bake for 15 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© Korean Mutt, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena