Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Rabokki

Lately I've been watching a Korean drama. I swear half their scenes are at a restaurant or cafe or something. Dramas always make me sooo hungry...
So today this is what I was craving: rabokki.

One of my go-to's for Korean recipes is Aeri from Aeri's Kitchen. I've made her ddeokbokki recipe twice. The first time I could hardly eat it because it was SO ridiculously spicy. The second time I cut down the spice a little but it was still too much. So this time I only added a fraction of the spice, made some other changes and it was just perfect :):):) Third time's the charm. I love this stuff.



Rabokki
serves 2

  • 1 c ddeok (rice cake) medallions
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 pkg Shin ramen
  • 1/4c onion
  • 2T carrot 
  • 2T green onion
  • 2c water
  • 1T red pepper paste
  • 1T granulated sugar
  • 3/4 tsp ramen pkg powder
  • 1/2tsp soy sauce
  • 1/2 tsp minced garlic
  • sesame seeds for garnish
Directions:

Hard-boil the eggs by placing them in a saucepan with water that's at least an inch above the eggs. When it comes to a rolling boil, remove from heat and cover. Leave like this for 17 minutes, then drain the water. Set aside.

Slice the onions, carrots and green onions and set aside.
In a large pan, mix together the water, paste, sugar, powder, soy sauce and garlic over medium heat. When that comes to a boil, add the onions, carrot and ddeok. Cook for about 5 minutes until the ddeok is tender. Taste and add more red pepper paste (for spice) or soy sauce (for saltiness) as desired. Add the ramen noodles, eggs and green onions. Cook until noodles are done. Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top and serve right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© Korean Mutt, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena