Friday, January 4, 2013

DIY Language of Love Couple Pillowcases




Language lesson of the day:

"aishiteru" = "I love you" in Japanese
"saranghae" = "I love you" in Korean

My hubby is half Japanese and I am half Korean, so you can guess whose pillow is whose.
These were one of my love's Christmas gifts. Saw something like it on the web though I can't remember where, but I just had to try it. I made the pillowcases and hand-embroidered the words. If you are lazy like me then this is the way to do it:


Need:
-embroidery hoop
-fabric marker/pencil
-embroidery thread
-embroidery needle (it needs to fit 3 strands of embroidery thread, but make sure it's not so big it will tear your pillowcase)

1. Using your fabric marker, draw your desired design on the pillowcases. (I would practice first and figure out exactly how you want it.) It's best to use cursive and connect everything together so that you don't have to keep stopping and starting stitches. And I'm gonna be honest. I forgot to grab a fabric marker at the store so I used a straight up No.2 pencil...if that happens to you too, be careful and draw lightly...

2. Thread your needle with 3 strands of embroidery thread. I always double thread.

3. Get your pillowcase into the embroidery hoop and pull it nice and tight.

4. Using the split stitch, get embroidering.

So easy it's ridiculous.


Hana jumped into my shot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© Korean Mutt, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena