Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th!

Toasted Coconut Chocolate Cupcakes


 I LOVE the 4th of July!

And it is so much more special because my dear soldier hubby finished pilot training recently and next week finds out which plane the Air force will give him/his next assignment. Wish us luck! We are hoping for Hawaii! Lol.

Thank you to all those who have kept and still keep our country free! I am especially proud of my Grampy, my Dad and my hubby who all have served in the military. XOXO

On a lighter note: to celebrate Independence Day I made some festive cupcakes! They are a favorite flavor combo of mine: chocolate and coconut. So they are chocolate cupcakes with a toasted coconut frosting and a chocolate ganache for good measure ;)

No recipe today. But if you must know: it is a chocolate cake mix made with milk rather than water; they were baked then dipped in a simple chocolate ganache. The frosting is my go-to vanilla frosting, but I substituted the vanilla for coconut extract and stirred in some toasted coconut. Nom!


2 comments:

  1. Airman, not soldier! get with it girl ;) Good luck on your PCS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol oopsy >.< and thanks! Pray we don't get stuck here!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

© Korean Mutt, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena