Monday, September 9, 2013

Beef Carnitas

When you live ten minutes from the Mexican border you are bound to be around a lot of Mexicans. My favorite is when the cashier at the store just assumes I am Mexican and starts speaking to me in Spanish.
Anyways, luckily Mexican food is possibly my favorite kind besides perhaps Korean. So I don't really get sick of all of the Mexican restaurants and I still make it at home.

Here are some beef carnitas I whipped up the other day. I adore slow cooker recipes because they are easy, don't turn my kitchen into a mess, and I don't think I've ever had a slow cooker recipe go wrong.

Also, these are great with the corn avocado salsa I made last time (here).


Beef Carnitas
Serves about 4
Adapted from One Lovely Life


  • 1-1.5 lbs chuck roast
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp cumin
  • 1/4 tsp paprika
  • 1/8 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/8 tsp onion powder
  • 1/2 onion, sliced
  • 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
  • 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
  • 1/2 can diced tomatoes with green chiles (14oz can)
  • tortillas
  • your favorite toppings (lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, guacamole, etc.)

Directions:

Place roast in cooker. In a small bowl, combine all of the spices and sprinkle over the roast. Then add the peppers, onion and diced tomatoes on top of the roast.

Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4 hours. Use tongs or forks to shred the meat. Serve warm with tortillas and toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© Korean Mutt, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena