Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Basic French Macarons

I did it! They came out so nicely. And I realized as I was making them...I've never actually eaten a macaron I don't think...but they are so yummy!


I mingled recipes. Much thanks to Eugenie, she gives an awesome Youtube tutorial & has a cool blog...I mostly followed her recipe HERE. But because I didn't have caster sugar I made some adjustments from looking at the heart macarons HERE.

Basic French Macarons

Ingredients:

60 g egg whites
30 g granulated sugar
3/8 tsp cream of tartar
50 g almond powder/flour
90 g powdered sugar
Pinch salt
Strawberry jam
Red food coloring

Directions:

In a mixing bowl, beat the egg whites. When they start turning into a white foam, add the sugar and cream of tartar slowly while still beating. Stop beating when soft peaks form. Mix in one or two drops of red food coloring as desired.
In a separate bowl, sift together the almond powder, powdered sugar and salt. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold about a third of that into the meringue. Do another third until you have combined it all. Spoon the mixture into a pastry bag with a large round tip.
Prepare a pan with parchment paper. Pipe 1-1/2 in. circles, leaving at least an inch of space between each macaron. Let dry for about an hour until you can touch them and they don't stick.
Preheat the oven to 300F an bake for 13 minutes, turning the pan halfway through. Once baked, you can immediately slide the parchment paper onto a cooling rack and let the macarons cool.
Add strawberry jam and make a sandwich.
Done.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© Korean Mutt, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena