Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Cafe Rio Pork Salad



Was craving Cafe Rio so I went all out today. Made it from scratch from top to bottom.
I don't know if it's possible to duplicate it exactly at home but I bet this is the closest you can get, it was really yummy~ hubby usually doesn't like sweet meats but he loved this.

I got all of the recipes from HERE. My pork recipe was from elsewhere but ends up it's almost the same as this one anyways.

Here are some tips:

  • Make sure to use real mayo for the sauce. I used Miracle Whip because that's what we had but mayo would taste much better.
  • The only thing I didn't make was their guacamole; I used a mix for that. This meal is so time-consuming I'll probably do that in the future too.
  • Their recipe doesn't specify a type of rice and it doesn't really matter but I personally prefer long-grain rices in Mexican dishes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© Korean Mutt, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena