Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Top 10 Favorites from 2013

Looking back, I realize my kitchen skills have vastly improved! It's so nice to be able to actually SEE your progress.
Let me show you a picture from last year compared to a more recent one:


See? Not only have my macarons improved, but also my picture-taking skills :) I'm excited to see where the next year will take me, I have lots of new goals and lots of motivation.

But first, here is a list of top 10 personal favorite recipes I've stumbled upon in the past year:

10. Berry Mousse Cakes

I liked these mostly because I felt a sense of accomplishment after completing them :) Taste-wise they are a perfect light dessert. Not something I would make for kiddos, but more for the mature palate. I'm a cross between those two so that's why it's only my number 10.


9. Guava Cupcakes

These would be my number one, but I haven't yet perfected them. With a good cream cheese frosting and the guava jelly on the inside instead of on the top, they will be perfect.


8. S'more Bars

Now THESE are perfect kiddo treats. Easy and so yummy. I rate them a 9.


7. Magnolia's Banana Pudding

These should probably be higher on the list, but oh well. They are rich but in a good way, and I have trouble comprehending how they can be so yummy with such a simple recipe. Next time I go to Magnolia's I will be getting something besides their banana pudding...because it can be made so easily at home.


6. Corn Avocado Salsa

I use this as a dip and as a taco topping. It's scrumptrilescent.


5. Japanese Cheesecake

I love cheesecake. Japanese cheesecake is dangerous because it's not so rich as American cheesecakes so you eat triple what you should have without even realizing it...


4. Fudge Brownies

Everyone has their own brownie recipe. But this is now mine. I used to think box brownies were just as good...but now I second guess.


3. Texas Chili

I am no meat-eater. Hubby and I make a good team because I pick out the vegetables and he will eat my remaining meat. But this. This stuff is good.


2. Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies

I could eat these forever. The basic cookie batter is from my mother-in-law who makes the best chocolate chip cookies in the world. These could only possibly be improved with some macadamia nuts, but I'm too cheap to buy them.


1. Nutella Tarts

This recipe is from Pierre Herme. And it's perfect. Next time I will be trying his "perfect tart dough" recipe with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© Korean Mutt, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena